Raw COVID-19 Response Plan
The Raw COVID-19 Response Plan details the policies and practices necessary for Raw to meet the Government’s ‘Return to Work Safely Protocol’ and to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace. This plan will give an overview of key areas that Raw must assess to ensure compliance with the protocol and to minimize the risk to employees and customers.
Raw COVID-19 Response Plan
The Raw COVID-19 Response Plan will be driven by management and every employee, the Raw response plan will be developed and put in place in consultation with Raw employees. Consultation with all employees, supervision, clear direction and information for customers and clients is key in ensuring the success of the Raw COVID-19 Response Plan.
How to use this plan
The Raw COVID-19 Response Plan will outline how our business will put in place specific control measures to reduce the risk of spread of COVID-19. The following sections will cover key information and guidance.
They are as follows:
- A COVID-19 Raw Policy
- Return to Work - Planning and Preparing
- Control Measures
- COVID-19 Induction / Familiarisation
- Dealing with a Suspected Case of COVID-19
COVID 19 Policy Statement
Raw is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all our employees and members. This document is to ensure that Raw develop a COVID-19 Response Plan which is in line with health and safety and government guidelines. All managers, supervisors and employees are responsible for the implementation of this plan and a combined effort from all parties will help contain the spread of the virus.
- continue to monitor our COVID-19 response and amend this plan in consultation with our employees on an ongoing basis.
- provide up to date information to our employees on the Public Health advice issued by the HSE and ie.
- display information on the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and correct hand-washing techniques
- provide an adequate number of trained employee Representative(s) who are easily identifiable and put in place a reporting These Representative(s) will be the Club Mangers in each location. In addition, both managers and the Operations Director have undergone “Response Manager/Leader worker representative training specifically for the leisure industry”.
- inform all employees of essential hygiene and respiratory etiquette and physical distancing requirements
- adapt the workplace to facilitate physical distancing
- keep a contact log to help with contact tracing, this will be achieved via the Raw booking app and regular schedules with the workers, in addition visitor and contract logs are stored locally.
- have all employees undergo an induction / familiarization briefing quarterly throughout the year
- develop a procedure to be followed in the event of someone showing symptoms of COVID-19 while at work or in the workplace
- provide instructions for employees to follow if they develop signs and symptoms of COVID-19 during work
- intensify cleaning in line with government advice
- supply employees with face masks, gloves
- ensure employees complete the Raw COVID questionnaire weekly to ensure they are fit for work
All managers, supervisors and employees will be consulted on an ongoing basis and feedback is encouraged on any concerns, issues or suggestions.
To achieve physical distancing, the following guidance is recommended:
Limit the number of staff and customers within the general gym floor, specific workout areas and change rooms by:
- restricting the number of customers allowed in specified area
- implementing scheduled training sessions, by using the Raw app customers will only be allowed to schedule their training sessions to avoid more than 50 on the floor at any one time.
- asking customers to leave the premises once they have completed their workout session. Raw customers are to respect the 60-minute workout rule until further notice.
- Direct staff and customers to keep 2 metres of distance between people and put signs around the gym floor including areas such as customer change rooms and create wall or floor markings to identify 2 metres distance.
- remove or cordon off common areas (i.e. chairs, tables) where customers and staff may otherwise congregate
- encourage staff to use other methods such as mobile phone or radio to communicate rather than face to face interaction e.g. staff on the gym floor who want to talk to reception
- The layout of the gym floor and specific workout areas have been reviewed to enable customers and staff to keep at least 2 metres apart while exercising. This was achieved by: increasing spacing between fitness equipment. Where not possible, Raw introduced physical dividers to ensure safe zones.
As per the above recommendations physical distancing should be maintained by providing each person with 4 square metres of space in indoor areas. This may limit the number of people in a fitness room, which could be achieved by:
- Decrease the duration of the fitness classes, to reduce the number of people in the one room at any one time
- Stagger and spread out class times to avoid overlapping between customers arriving and leaving
- Restricting the number of persons allowed per group fitness class based on the size of the room and the nature of the fitness activity
- Direct staff and customers to keep 2 metres of distance between them
- Ensure class participants are adequately spread out around the room – e.g. use floor markings to indicate areas/zones for each person to set up in or use
- Raw will inform members to avoid sharing equipment as much as possible, managers and employees will supervise the gym floors and part of this activity will be to inform members to avoid sharing gym equipment to reduce the spread of the virus
- Direct personal trainers and clients to keep 2 metres of distance between each other during personal training sessions.
- Tailor sessions to include only exercise that do not require physical contact between the trainer and the client/s including setup and use of equipment, in addition to this Raw are create an exercise library to ensure less close contact time is required.
- Limit the number of clients per session. Ensure adequate spacing is maintained and provide each client with their own disinfected exercise equipment.
- Ensure trainers wipe the equipment before and after use and encourage the client to do the same.
DEALING WITH A SUSPECTED CASE OF COVID-19
This section outlines Raw’s procedure in relation to suspected cases which must be followed in the event of someone developing the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 while at work or while in the workplace. Raw have assigned a First Response Manager (Club Managers of each location) and put in place an isolation team to manage the situation and provided them with information on how to do this safely.
Raw have also identified and marked an isolation area(s) to be used to isolate the affected person from the rest of the workforce and procedures to be followed to enable them to safely leave the premises.
Cleaning and Sanitation
In addition to existing continuous cleaning protocols, Raw will add a rigorous, deep-cleaning and disinfecting process three times during the day and overnight. Designated areas of the club will be sectioned off during the day to facilitate the deep cleaning
Medical-grade, EPA-registered disinfectants which are designated effective against the COVID-19 virus with a kill time of less than one minute will be used for all continuous and deep-cleaning processes overnight and possibly throughout the day. We will also be introducing next generation Electrostatic Disinfection of surfaces using E-Mist positive charge application providing 3x more coverage in the same amount of time than traditional efforts. This equipment will also be used to fully disinfect lockers and Group Fitness equipment between use
We will be adjusting club operating hours to allow for thorough cleaning and disinfecting overnight. For instance Saturday and Sunday’s we will be closing at 8pm and once a month we will close at 6pm on Saturdays to accommodate the Electrostatic Disinfection of surfaces using E-Mist positive charge application.
Members will be asked to use hand sanitizer when entering the club and frequently throughout their visit. The hand sanitizer solution kills up to 99.9% of germs and includes 67% ethyl alcohol, above and beyond the CDC’s guidelines of 60%. Hand sanitizer will be available at new touchless and touched stations throughout the club
Members and our teams will be required to complete a mandatory Health Declaration upon joining Raw and staff will complete this before each club visit to confirm they are not experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, nor have they come in contact with someone who is experiencing symptoms. All members will watch the Raw safety video and answer 12 questions in relation to COVID and Safety measures taken to reduce the spread of COVID.
Members and our teams will have body temperatures taken prior to entering the club via touchless thermometers. Per CDC guidelines, individuals with a body temperature greater than 100.4 degrees, or local guidelines, will not be permitted entry into the club
Members will be asked to alert Raw (contact information email@example.com) if they test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of their last club visit. We will email notification to all potentially exposed persons if there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 at an Raw location (all information will be treated sensitively and Raw will not disclose any customers details at any stage). In addition to this Raw will close the club for a full disinfection and cleaning before re-opening the club
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
All Raw staff will be wearing face masks throughout their shift but will remove the mask while teaching an exercise class. Members may be asked to wear a mask while participating in personal training or our 4 point plan, this will be agreed prior to the workout session and dependent on government recommendations.
New contactless check-in using the Raw app will eliminate the need to touch any surface upon entry
New Plexiglass barriers are designed to provide a protective shield between members and the Front Desk
Give each other some room
So members can give each other enough space, physical distancing cues will be marked in the Fitness studios, locker rooms, elevators, reception areas. Physical distancing signs will show which equipment is available for use, and signs will be placed throughout to remind members to wipe down equipment before and after use and to practice physical distancing.
To ensure physical distancing, we will limit capacity for all Fitness Classes. Advance booking will be required to attend all classes
Studios will be open 10 minutes before class start times. Members will be asked to use hand sanitizer before entering the studios. Studios will be unavailable for use between classes to ensure the studio and all equipment is disinfected.
All Fitness classes, including Cycling, will be designed to facilitate distance between members. Our team will set up the studio beforehand with cleaning & Gym equipment. If a member requires other equipment, a team member will be available to assist. At this time, members in either locations will be required to bring in their own Yoga mats and blocks as they will not be provided in the club.
Gym Floor Etiquette
To facilitate physical distancing, we will reduce equipment available for use. Select equipment will be unplugged, removed off the floor to facilitate physical distancing. Scheduled trainings sessions are required at peak times to limit the number of members on the floor at any one time. Our OFF-Peak times have less traffic and we will monitor these daily. Members are required to clean before and after every use and to avoid sharing gym equipment with other members. Stay Strong Stay Apart!
Members will be asked to practice physical distancing etiquette during Personal Training sessions. Trainers and instructors will remain 2 meters away, from clients and all cueing and corrections will be done verbally. Raw have an ON-DEMAND product which is available for our members.
Locker Room Etiquette
Frequently asked questions
Cleanliness & Sanitation
A. Life has changed and Raw is and will continue to adapt. We’ve amended our business practices to reflect the times. Putting an intense focus on safety is the most important thing we can do. Along with our medical-grade disinfection standards, we’ve implemented rigorous safety protocols for our members and staff.
A. Members and employees will be required to complete a Health Declaration prior to visiting the club, declaring that they are not experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, nor have they come into contact with someone who is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
Upon entering the club, members and employees will have their body temperatures measured and assessed by club staff. Individuals with body temperatures greater than 100.4 degrees will be asked to return home.
New contactless check-in via the Raw app allows members to check-in without having contact with an employee. Plexiglass barriers at the front desk will serve as a protective barrier between members and Front desk staff. Members can be scanned through the barrier if they have not enabled contactless check-in.
All Raw members will be asked to acknowledge and sign our updated House Rules detailing the changes in-club via the Raw class app.
A. Raw is increasing our cleaning staff presence throughout our clubs to support enhanced frequency of cleaning and disinfecting. The entire club will be disinfected constantly throughout the day, with certain areas closed for deep cleanings on a rotating basis three times per day.
Every piece of equipment used in fitness classes will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between each class.
Trainers on the club floor will ensure used equipment is individually disinfected. Every locker will be disinfected throughout the day.
A. Medical grade wipes will be available throughout the club. Please wipe equipment down before and after use.
A. Auto-dispensing Touch hand sanitizers and push hand sanitisers will be installed throughout each club location. Not only does the hand sanitizer solution kill up to 99.9% of germs and include 67% ethyl alcohol, above and beyond the CDC’s guidelines of 60%.
A. Raw have reduced Fitness class capacity to facilitate 6ft social distancing. All members must have an appointment to enter the club. Members can make an appointment in the Raw app, up to 3 days in advance, or will have an appointment booked on their behalf for Personal Training or fitness class session.
- Markers will be placed on the floor to make it easy for members to socially distance.
- Studio equipment will be arranged in ways to ensure social distancing.
- Club staff will actively remind and encourage members to comply with social distancing.
A. Members will be asked to alert their club’s General Manager if they test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of their last club visit. We will email notification to all potentially exposed persons if there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 at an Raw location.
A. If a Raw employee is in contact or has symptoms of COVID the employee is instructed to do the following immediately, inform the Club Manager, Not return to work until safe to do so and make contact with their GP and await further instructions. Raw will then self-isolate any employees in close contact with the individual and inform members that may have been in close contact with the employee. In addition to this our facility will undergo a depth clean and full disinfection and close for a min of 72 hours on return Raw will limit the number of staff for the 14 days to reduce the spread of COVID.
Club Rules: Safety
Social distancing of at least 6 ft between members and employees is required at all times. Please respect floor markings and any other visual cues that facilitate distancing at the front desk, in our locker rooms, studios, and other club areas.
Touch-free temperature checks will be required upon each entry to the club. If your temperature is higher than 100.0˚F (37.78°C), you will not be permitted to access the club for 3 days from the time of your reading. Raw may, at its discretion, offer to retest your temperature one time.
Extend courtesy to your fellow members by using provided wipes to disinfect machines and equipment after use. Wipes are conveniently placed throughout the club.
For social distancing, we have relocated a number of cardio machines and equipment. Please be mindful if other members are waiting to use machines or equipment. Raw reserves the right to limit your time on a cardio machine to 30 minutes during peak times to ensure everyone gets to exercise.
Towels will be made available at the Front Desk upon check-in. Additional towels are available by request to a club employee at any time, to rent a sweat towel it will cost you €1 per visit or €5 a month. Raw have a NO TOWEL NO ENTRY rule in each club so make sure you always have and use your sweat towel.
General FAQ section
Yes, lockers are available. However, they cannot be used overnight, so please make sure to remove anything stored in them before leaving the gym each day. Raw is not responsible for any valuable lost when using the lockers.
Yes, Raw offers onsite nutritionists and physio services, however this is not included in your membership. Contact details are available at gym reception.
Raw provides towels and locks for an additional charge at the main reception. Both gym facilities include vending machines that offer towels and locks for purchase.
For 90 days after joining the gym, no cancellations or freezes are allowed. Minimum freeze is 1 month and Maximum freeze is 3 months. Please allow 12 – 14 working days before billing period to allow for a freeze. As for cancellations, all cancellations require 30 day notice in writing. If you have been a member of the gym for more than 90 days and wish to freeze or cancel your membership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to apply for a job in Raw, email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.